What you need:
- 3 cups 3-minute steel cut oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 small package of vanilla pudding powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Sticks of Butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- Preheat your over to 375
- In one bowl mix together your dry ingredients (oatmeal, flour, pudding powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder) then set this aside for later.
- Cream your butter and then add in your sugar and brown sugar.
- Once your sugar is all mixed in, add your eggs and vanilla
- Then, about 1/4 at a time add in your dry ingredients. Make sure it is all mixed before adding more.
- Finally, fold in your butterscotch chips.
- On a greased pan, roll dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls 1 inch apart from each other.
- Bake for 11 minutes
- Once out of the oven let cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
This recipe is delicious! It is tempting to eat them all right when they come out of the oven because the butterscotch chips are melty and delicious! The steel cut oatmeal gives the cookies a different texture than traditional oatmeal. They have the same flavor as a normal oatmeal cookie, but do not have the oatmeal texture.
We love butterscotch, but if you don’t you could swap the butterscotch chips out for chocolate, white chocolate, or peanut butter chips!
The next day, we put our cookies in the microwave for about 15 seconds and they tasted like they had just come out of the oven!